bethwlowery

Monday, March 06, 2006

Timeout for the Oscars

Okay, I was going to finish up my WCC commentary by posting highlight photos from the event, but I think there should be a timeout for the Oscars.

My thoughts are as follows:

A) Jon Stewart = fabo
B) Only award with which I violently disagreed was the Best Original Song... I just cannot agree that the pimp song could EVER beat out Dolly... I am sorry.
C) George C was fantastic in Syriana... two thumbs way up... tho Jake G was all kinds of dreamy in Brokeback. Sorta think that George got the pitty Oscar, since he wasnt going to get Best Director.
D) Speaking of Jake, can we discuss how dreamy he was in his classic tux?
E) Best Original Score could have gone to any one of the nominees; but the Brokeback theme broke my heart every time I heard it in the film, so excellent job with that one.
F) Philip Seymour Hoffman is beyond amazing. Sooooo glad he won, tho I haven't seen Capote. He's incredible in EVERYTHING he does. I have no doubt this performance was worthy of the little gold man.
G) Reese!!!!! Oh how I adore Reese! I am sooooooooo very pleased that she took home the Best Actress award. I thought about Walk the Line for over a week after seeing the film. I wanted to fall in love with a disfunctional musician after seeing Johnny & June's lovestory on the screen. Resse was phenominal as June Carter... and she's a girl from Tennessee.
H) Crash... excellent movie... well, the second half is incredible (the only part I've seen, tho I expect Quinn will change that when he visits this weekend. He's been after me to see Crash for ages). Glad it took home Best Film, tho all of them were fantastic this year.
I) Jen A looked absolutely stunning
J) I heart Ben Stiller
K) I LOVE Wallace & Gromit... beyond excited that they took home the Best Animated Feature.

and I've decided to stop with "L"... tho I could continue:

L) I was deeply disappointed that they had Heath sitting on the front row... not because I have any beef with Heath, in fact, I find him absolutely, gorgeously beautiful... HOWEVER Michelle W is another case entirely. Michelle W makes me violently angry. I do not know why, or when it began, but it is there and pure. All they did was show her in that ugly orange dress, sitting next to her way-too-cute-for-her-man, smiling away as if she were part of the Hollywood elite... and a piece of my soul died each time. Shut up, she's from Dawson's Creek (a show that I admittingly loved)...

And those are my thoughts on the Oscars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home